Re: [NTLK] A Newton Replacement?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 13:16:49 PDT

Well guys (and gals)
outside my family life, there are few things I feel as
passionate about as I do about my Newton. This one
device has brought an unmeasurable ammount of order
(and I am still very random...sometimes I think I
exist in non-linear time) in my day to day activities.
So when someone says that they have a "replacement"
for my constant companion for the last 10 years or so,
I have mixed emotions! Sure...I'ld like to not have to
depend on extinct hardware (ironic, since that's what
I'm doing) and I would love it if a PDA could match
the Newt...really! But nothing can...so I can't help
sounding somewhat evangellical when I draw comparisons
to new technology.

Thanks for the praise folks... I've always wanted to
be an amateur wordsmith...
Ed
web/gadget guru