Re: [NTLK] Tungsten T3

From: Brian Pearce (bpearce_at_cloud9.net)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 19:06:06 PDT

> Fast forward to two days ago. Palm releases the T3. Unlike Apple, who I
> love, but who has a bad habit of announcing things that they can't ship
> for 2 - 3 months, the T3 is already at my local retailer to play with.

Palm Computing learned this lesson the hard way; as I recall, a few
years back they announced a series of impressive new models that would
be available in several months time, only to discover that sales on
their current models came to a dead stop.

Apple has had much the same problem (and still has it, to a certain
degree, with constant rumors of new products), and has tried to address
it in a similar manner; though not always successfully. (I think I
waited five months for my original iBook to ship.)

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html