Re: [NTLK] Serial /USB/Hub

From: Alex (lexxel_at_sent.com)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 20:45:23 PDT

A few things sound wrong here. First, are you running OSX and doing
this in classic, or running 922? you need an ethernet connection to
connect to your mac under OSX using Classic and NCU... so let's
assume you know this and are working with OS922 (not classic!)

You would need to connect from newton dock over "appletalk". Ask the
newton to connect to "new computer"... that way it searches for any
available connection. Make sure appletalk is enabled on your mac and
set for serial (not ethernet) in the appletalk control panel, and
that you have named your mac in the file sharing control panel (I
think thats the CP, but it's been a while since I've used OS9)

You can use a regular mac serial cable with the emate... no need to
use the dongle.
I have connected sucessfully with a keyspan adapter, there will be no
problems there. Although do make sure you install the keyspan drivers.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html