Re: [NTLK] Newton speed-ups?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 05 2003 - 22:15:58 PDT

Stephanie and I wrote some detailed instructions on
this. I forget Stephanie's site (I have it saved on
another computer) but the one I wrote is at:
http://newton.tek-ed.com/newtspeed
Total cost was the cost of the crystal plus the cost
of a dead memory card (for the switch)...But I have
found that these crystals are getting harder and
harder to find...
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- "Bruce E. Durocher II" <bedii_at_qwest.net> wrote:
> Is there anyone who's doing the Newton 2x00
> speedups hacks as
> opposed to the PIXsolutions add-in board, since I've
> got a 2100
> motherboard and understand that I couldn't utilize
> the extra memory
> option on the PIXsolutions board? If so, will the
> hack play nicely
> with a SER-001 board? Will a PIXsolutions board
> play nicely with a
> SER-001? How much might someone charge for doing a
> speedup hack on
> my machine--I know that the Pixsolution will be
> $99.00 plus service
> time for someone to install it, plus shipping, but
> have no idea what
> the cost of getting the crystal speedup might be.

=====
"When any government, or church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know', the end result is tyranny and oppression , no matter how holy the motives"
     -Robert Heinlein, Revolt in 2100