[NTLK] Refurbished battery update

From: Ravindra Mohabeer (mohabeer_at_yorku.ca)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 11:56:46 PDT

Hi,

After getting my battery back last week from being rebuilt, it's still going
strong. So far it's been going for almost a full week and has only made it
to half on the battery indicator. Not bad since the guy who rebuilt it told
me that it won't reach 'full capacity' until after a few full charge/deplete
cycles.

Now, I'm sure I don't use my Newton as much as many of you do. Over the last
week, however, I've used it for as many as 6 one way, one hour commutes with
fulltime backlighting, playing chess, writing notes, etc. and done a bunch
of installs and other things that used to eat up the battery time in minutes
before the pack was rebuilt.

If you are thinking of refurbing your battery, I highly recommend it. The
guy who did mine was certainly a good choice and one I would suggest - even
if he didn't offer me a future discount after I told him that I would let
the list know if the pack rebuild worked.

Ravi, Toronto, Canada

BTW, I've read the FAQ on internet and mailing, and I have the UNNA archive
on CD, but is there an order in which the Simple Mail software must be
installed for it to work? Do I also have to install NewtScape (there was an
error message regarding an extension that said I needed NewtScape)? And, is
NewtScape going to be a decent browser for mostly text based web pages?

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html