[NTLK] eMate

From: Wiley Wiggins (weevil_at_wileywiggins.com)
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 10:08:41 PDT

I don't think tinkerability is a good reason to get the eMate... The
hinge repair is a chore (and you WILL have to do it) and overclocking
it is silly since you loose your ports for a very small speed increase.
The main advantage of the eMate is that is has a nice big keyboard, and
its really tough. You can play football with it and it will keep
ticking. It's perfect for writing when you are away from home and don't
want to blow a huge amount of money on a laptop. The biggest problem
with it is the tiny amount of memory it has. Don't expect to install
much more than Newtopoly or whatever, although if you are not using the
PCMCIA slot for connectivity,you can always get flash cards...

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html