Re: [NTLK] spam and .mac

From: Ian Meyer (ianmeyer_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 11:44:48 PDT

since i've had my dot mac (i dunno why, i just type it like that), for
about 4 days short of a year (time to pay up again, grrr), i have
gotten enough spam emails that i could count them on one hand.

one thing that I realized was that since Mail uses the Safari engine
now, and renders HTML (i know it did before, it was just after that I
heard this that I realized the following), I have turned the option to
display images off. So any spam I *do* get can't pull a remote image
that verifies my email address when i view it..

i don't even use mail.app's junk filer because i don't get enough junk
mail.

its really great, i love it!

ian

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html