Re: [NTLK] Emate redux?

From: Richard Plume (rplume_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Oct 08 2003 - 04:52:40 PDT

on 10/7/2003 7:37 PM, Ray Kloss at raykloss_at_mac.com wrote:

> Not to wax nostalgic, but I had a Tandy WP-2 (I still have it) that had the
> best damn keyboard of any computer I've used. If I could figure out a way to
> transfer the ascii text to OSX, I would revive it in a sec.

    Actually this might be possible. I, too, have a WP-2 (the 128K version)
with the Tandy Portable Disk Drive 2 and a program/cable combo called
WPduet. The program is just a simple conduit for moving files to/from the
WP-2/PDD-2 to a Mac with or without various translators (no translation,
text, text with CRs, MacWrite or RTF). The cable is a 4-headed monster that
has two connectors on each end (two for the Mac at one end (DB-9 and a
mini-8 round connector) and two at the other end for either the WP-2 or the
PDD-2). I've used the program/cable combo to connect to Macs under OS 8.6,
so it might work under Classic...

    You can find out more info at http://www.club100.org. They have a
diagram for a cable and a program for DOS computers (I didn't see anything
for a Mac).

    It's a nice system, but it's not a Newton...

Rick

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html