Re: [NTLK] Just bought an eMate, need advice on mem. cards

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Wed Oct 08 2003 - 21:01:45 PDT

Hi Zander
I don't think that the eMate has a microphone so no recording with it.
I have seen bare bones 2100s in the $60 range, they can record and they
are fast enough. That being said the eMate is an excellent tool for
school. The newtworks program is a nice basic word processor and
graphing calculator. You will want additional memory, get what you can
afford but only 5 volt Linear flash cards will work in the eMate. My
son has a 4meg card in his and finds it adequate for calendar, note
taking and writing. He also has room for a few games and several books.
I have a 32 meg in mine and its more than half full, it seems to be a
bit slower when you have that many packages installed.
Woody

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html