Re: [NTLK] NTLK down

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joel_at_inventors-emporium.co.uk)
Date: Tue Oct 14 2003 - 02:54:45 PDT

Chris,

> what do you have to do in England to protect
> intellectual property?

Well, there's this scheme where you disclose publicly all you know in return
for a license to spend money, with lawyers, usually up front, like it's
going out of fashion and makes you forget what your idea was for in the
first place and how you were going to make money out if it.

A patent a huge distraction from the idea itself unless your invention is so
fundamental, so deep, that it's worth the trouble.

The whole concept of intellectual property as it applies to individuals has
ceased to have any kind of intelligible business model behind it.

I used to take out patents on my inventions but I took off my rose-titnted
specs and I'm a lot better now.

Joel.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html