Re: [NTLK] Expand and BU word-list

From: Tony Kan (tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 12:03:49 PDT

I believe that I read somewhere that expanding the wordlists in an ill
disciplined way will, with time, impede the performance of the MessagePad as
you gradually use up system resources. I think that it is better to only
include expansions for words that are consistently being misinterpreted by
the handwriting recognition engine.
I use Corrector+ and found it invaluable.

Cheers
Tony.

PO Box 33-200
106 Panorama Rd
Sumner
Christchurch
New Zealand
Ph +64-274-339-745
Fax +64-3-326-7712

What popular ways are there to expand the wordlist? In it's default state,
the Newton seems to be limited to 100-200 words. I'd like to go beyond this
limit and add as many words as I want. Is this doable?

Also, can I somehow backup the wordlist to a separate file? Is NewtSync a
possible way of doing this?

As a last point, wouldn't it be nice if wordlists could be sorted, like
medical, technical, mathematical etc terms?

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html