Re: [NTLK] Is Bluetooth Dead?

From: Nathan Turnage (nturnage_at_andadv.com)
Date: Thu Oct 16 2003 - 11:57:44 PDT

Personally, I think the guy is jumping the gun a bit. However, with
Voice over IP and Wi-Fi sites springing up all over the place, it seems
to me that if someone was to concentrate their time on a wireless
technology, 802.1x is the way to go.

Of course, I don't, in any way wish to discourage Eckhart from the
excellent work he is doing for the Newton. In fact, I was using Raissa &
Courier just this morning. Honestly I would rather see improvements in
his other myriad endeavors: Courier, Nitro, Neo, Obex, ICVC, etc. than
spend precious time developing a soon dead communication standard. But
if other people believe that Bluetooth has a future (Eckhart included),
then by all means code away.

Who knows, if the very near future I may be eating my words while I am
checking my email over Bluetooth. I've said my piece. Later.

-Nate

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html