Re: [NTLK] TCP/IP

From: Mark Benson (markbenson_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Oct 21 2003 - 15:38:24 PDT

On Tuesday, October 21, 2003, at 09:19 PM, Frank Gruendel wrote:

> Actually I think this was a big injustice. How many network
> administrators
> do you know who won't hesitate to set up a fixed IP address for you,
> for a machine they don't even know?

Not many - the man has a point.

> Boy, there are people out where I work who are licensed to kill
> users of machines on which McAfee isn't installed...

Lets be honest that's a sensible attitude. you'd be pissed off if you
got woken upo at 3am and told an entire 300 computer network had got a
major Virus wouldn't you?

No it's the SysAdmins that do SILLY things I can't abide, like telling
you you can't use AIM or MSN Messenger at all because they don't trust
anyone to do any work...

--
Mark Benson
AIM - SilValleyPirate