Re: [NTLK] Mad Newton ate my storage card: a plea for help.

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 11:21:24 PST

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 13:43:10 -0500, Matthew Reidsma wrote:
> I received an error stating that there was a problem with Daniel
> Package, and it could not be activated. I assumed that it was a problem
> with the Newt, restarted and tried to reload the package. I got the
> same error.

This is usually an error with the package file itself, i.e. in most
cases, the file is corrupt or the transfer to the Newton fails.

> How can I retrieve my 2Mbs without
> resorting to wiping the card? Any help will be appreciated.

Can you delete the Audio soup? Otherwise, the problem seems to be
deeper. I've no idea what a partial install of a store part does, but
maybe Paul G. or Philz has some clue.

> BTW, I tried deleting MadNewton and the MP3 Codec, and wiping out the
> prefs with Prefs cleaner and using SBM to erradicate any other trace of
> these packages.I still have no room.

That indeed won't help since the problem lies with the audio file...

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html