Re: [NTLK] "Back To School Sale" - Brand New MP 2100's

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Mon Sep 01 2003 - 11:58:29 PDT

on 01/09/03 13:44, Jeff Sheldon at jeff_at_jurai.net wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 07:47:08AM -0700, Glen Warner wrote:
>> Really? The price tag on the box my recently acquired 2000 came in
>> reads $1250.
>
> Prices drop when products are abandoned.
> I believe that was the highest the Newtons went for.

The retail price on a brand new MessagePad 2100 was $999 US. I know, I did
buy one the day it was introduced, almost at the same time that Apple
launched its online Apple Store, back in November 1997...

-Laurent.

featurectomy /fee`ch*r-ek't*-mee/ n.: The act of removing a feature from a
program. Featurectomies come in two flavors, the `righteous' and the
`reluctant'. Righteous featurectomies are performed because the remover
believes the program would be more elegant without the feature, or there is
already an equivalent and better way to achieve the same end. (Doing so is
not quite the same thing as removing a misfeature.) Reluctant featurectomies
are performed to satisfy some external constraint such as code size or
execution speed.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html