Re: [NTLK] PC slot on 2x00 no longer working

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 11:15:34 PDT

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 11:04:06AM -0700, Ed Kummel wrote:
> I remove the network card and the Newt locks up. It
> took removing all power and draining the supercap to
> get the Newt back. I try again and still no network. I
> put in a RAM card and no slip. I remove the lower card
> and put the network card in there. It is recognized. I
> put the current known working RAM card (the 32mb
> Pretec) in the upper slot and no slip. I try many
> different cards and nothing. I investigate the pins
> and there is no bent pins.
>
> So, I know that others on this list have experienced
> this...was there any conclusion? I doubt that there
> was any physical damage to the port. and I haven't
> loaded any new packages....I have no clue what the
> problem could be.
>
> Any ideas?

loose oo cracked card connector on the newt side?

That NOTHING works in the top slot seems pretty indicative that there's
a problem with the slot somewhere, and one bad solder connection could
end up causing the really wonky behaviour after removing the network
card.

--
For why should my freedom be judged by another's conscience?
			    -- Paul (I Corinthians 10:29)