Re: [NTLK] Card lending service (was Philz donations)

From: Jonathan Ramos (imagraphicstudios_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 16:10:58 PDT

Hi guys,

I'm on digest mode and catching up on a couple days of emails. I think
that Frank's idea of a data card to the rescue on a lending library
rotation of some sort is a great idea! I, myself, have a good backup
routine and have extra backups stashed all over the place. I do need to
put the rescue package on to one of my empty backup cards though.

We've all heard enough stories of disaster here on this list and since
we go out our way to help each other out., a group maintained rescue
card is highly appropriate. Kudos to Frank for spearheading this kind of
project/service in the same way Woody did for PhilZ fund raising. I
can't think of a better way to use the leftover funds than to transfer
them to another active developer on this list, especially Frank, who has
probably saved more list member's Newts and Emates than I can think of.

I also hope that in the future that we continue this kind of active
support to any other developer, fixer, innovator, programmer, tinkerer,
etc. on this list who has a idea/project/service to benefit the rest of
us average Newton users.

later,
Jonathan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html