[NTLK] Palm III keyboard fabrication help

From: Doug Parker (doug_at_ispinn.com)
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 11:56:27 PDT

I'm working on an alternate solution to the Palm III
portable keyboard connection quandry.

I have a solution that involves removing the articulating
connector and cradle assembly and in its place mounting a
mini DIN-8 connector so you'd be able to connect from the
Palm keyboard to your Newt via a standard serial cable
(which is usually what is carried with the Newton
keyboard).

I don't have facilities to fabricate aluminum, so I need
some help. The piece isn't complicated at all, I just
don't have a small bending jig at my disposal. Once the
modification is simplified and finalized, it'll be offered
to list members.

If you can donate your time and talent to the cause,
please contact me offline.

Also, if anyone has an extra Palm III keyboard available,
please contact me offline. I sacrificed my only keyboard
during the development.

Peace,

Doug Parker
doug at ispinn dot com