Re: [NTLK] How to read Newton E-mails?

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Fri Sep 05 2003 - 12:36:40 PDT

Il me semble que le 5/09/03 à 15:30 -0400, Victor Rehorst nous racontait:
>Wow, really? There's no docs for raw ink? I wonder how SketchMail for
>SimpleMail manages to convert it then (maybe there is a built-in function,
>never mind)

That's it. They decode them on the Newton directly.

> > computer yet and extract the ink information (we can extract text
>> with styles, outlines and a lot of Newton meta-data, though).
>
>Are shapes possible yet? IIRC their format is pretty straightforward

There are few documented formats for graphics on the Newton. The
strokes format is actually obvious. The only one that isn't
documented is the ink format.
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=45uou0%24hli%40news3.digex.net&output=gplain
http://www.unna.org/unna/apple/documentation/developer/QAs-2.x/html/digtlink.htm

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/