Re: [NTLK] Newton Web Browser?

From: Matt Janeczek (MJJ14_at_aol.com)
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 15:57:22 PDT

Well yes, today we have pretty much access to unlimited information, so
in that sense it is better than back then. But just like anything that
has been spoiled by commercialization, I just don't find it as "cool" as
it used to be. You know, not that many people were on the net back then
and it was so fun to brag to all my friends at school how I could email
and check stock quotes and chat in real time. I guess I only mention
this becuase we Newton users felt that same feeling back in the 90's
when our PDA's were WAYYYYYYYY above and beyond anything in the market
then. It is always a tradeoff, but to me a lot of computer related
things have become "blah" to me, take it or leave it, everyone has a
computer today and there isn't that "underground user" feeling as it
used to be when I was in grade school...

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html