Re: [NTLK] Newton MP130 and 802.1b

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 08:38:37 PDT

on 09/10/03 11:30 AM, kyle kestell at kmkestell_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Hey, this is my first post, so excuse my ignorance. I
> just got a newton MP130 from eBay. It's scheduled to
> be shipped to me in a few days, and while I've been
> waiting, I've been looking all over for information on
> using 802.1b (wifi) with my 130. So far, I've found a
> couple resources that say that it's possible, but a
> few of them seem to hint at the fact that only with
> the MP2000/2100. Has anyone had any luck with
> installing an 802.1b card in their MP130? Did it work
> with most wifi networks? With an Apple Base Station
> (not the airport extreme, the older white base
> stations)? Sorry if this is either a stupid question
> or if it's been answered before (i searched the list
> archives with little luck), but any help would REALLY
> be appreciated.

Shooting from the hip (i.e., I've not checked to see if this info is in the
FAQ), the quick answer is that WiFi requires NIE 2.?, which in turn requires
NOS 2.1. The version of NIE that runs on the 130 won't support WiFi.

- Eric.

Design is an iterative process. The necessary number of iterations is
one more  than the number you have currently done. This is true at any
point in time.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html