[NTLK] email on MP2000

From: Russell,Allen (Allen.Russell_at_boc.com)
Date: Thu Sep 11 2003 - 12:26:04 PDT

I would bet that Earthlink is refusing the slow connection. The model H0005
is a 9600 fax/2400 data modem. Most ISPs do not support the 2400 data
connection any more.

(The H0005, what a great modem, anyone want to buy mine?)

Allen

>Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 21:04:59 -0600
>From: James Tegart <jtegart_at_earthlink.net>
>Subject: [NTLK] email on MP20000
>I am trying to set up my MP2000 so I can receive email from Earthlink
>using a phone modem. I have an Apple Newton FAX modem, model H0005.
> Using SimpleMail I have gotten to the point where the modem dials into
>Earthlink and begins the login. When it gets to "Looking up host, mail
>earthlink.net" it just disconnects after about 15 seconds. Can it work?
>Jim

This footnote confirms that this e-mail message has been scanned for
the presence of known computer viruses by the MessageLabs Virus
Control Centre. However, it is still recommended that you use
local virus scanning software to monitor for the presence of viruses.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html