Re: [NTLK] Ethernet driver problem

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Sep 14 2003 - 14:14:12 PDT

on 14/09/03 15:39, suppaman at suppaman_at_softhome.net wrote:

> Alle 20:32, domenica 14 settembre 2003, Frank Gruendel ha scritto:
>>> Can I install ethernet driver from a card ?
>>
>> Yes, no problem.
>
> How? Do I need an extra program?
>
> The point is: I've got a Newton, an eth card and a memory card. I'd like to
> have driver put on memory card by a friend and then load it onto my Newton,
> is this possible?

Yes. Have your friend install the driver on the card. Then, when you pop the
card in your Newton, open Extras, locate the drive, tap and hold the pen to
select it, then go in the file button at the bottom right and file the
package on your internal store.

-Laurent.

fudge: 1. vt. To perform in an incomplete but marginally acceptable way,
particularly with respect to the writing of a program. "I didn't feel like
going through that pain and suffering, so I fudged it -- I'll fix it later."
2. n. The resulting code.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html