Re: [NTLK] Ethernet driver problem

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Sep 14 2003 - 19:09:48 PDT

on 14/09/03 19:10, japecan_at_comcast.net at japecan_at_comcast.net wrote:

> Laurent wrote
> ... Yes. Have your friend install the driver on the card. Then, when you pop
> the
> card in your Newton, open Extras, locate the drive, tap and hold the pen to
> select it, then go in the file button at the bottom right and file the
> package on your internal store.
>
> ------------------------
> Laurent,
>
> I tried doing that but nie won't load on the card because it password
> protected? Also Newton devices should be installed before any drivers are (ie
> 3com,farallon) if I'm not mistaken.......

Password protected? That's strange... Have your friend install EEUnprotect.
Should be on UNNA. It lets you copy protected packages.

As for the order, don't worry. Just load them one by one on your internal
memory and make sure you have all of them. Then, do a soft reset. They will
then load in the order required.

-Laurent.

copy protection n.: A class of methods for preventing incompetent pirates
from stealing software and legitimate customers from using it. Considered
silly.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html