Re: [NTLK] Copying NIE pkgs to Card

From: Michael Sciascia (msciascia_at_poc.it)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 16:49:22 PDT

Woody Smith:

>Hi Michael
>Do a partial backup, packages only (all relevant packages must be in
>internal store). The recipient can then restore selectively any
>packages that are in the backup
>Woody

Victor:
>Better yet: with your NIE packages on internal, make a selective backup
>and
>only backup those packages (deselect everything else) onto the card.
>
>I don't know why I didn't think of that...

As I said before I have been able to accomplish the task even if with
some unexpected accident on the way. Luckily I still had the option of
a serial connection, because when I saw that the CF wasn’t recognized
anymore I got a bit scared :-)

I did try the backup solution, but it seemed that some of the required
packages didn’t want to be backed up... at least I couldn’t find them as
expected :-/

Tomorrow I will send the card and I hope it will work and tomorrow I
also have to check again my wireless connection on the Newton.
It doesn’t work anymore :-(

Thanks again for the help!

Regards,
Michael