Re: [NTLK] Downloading from UNNA

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 04:48:03 PDT

on 16/9/03 6:43 PM, Edward Humes at ehumes_at_mac.com wrote:

> Is there a new method for downloading pkg files from unna? It used to
> be a simple click of the link to download. Now my browser (safari) is
> opening the pkg files (and, of course, displaying gibberish).

I've started seeing this too with both Safari and IE Mac. However, using
"download link to disk" or equivalent still works OK. (Right click or
control-click to get contextual menu containing this command.) I end up
with a .pkg file that has the wrong icon (OS X package instead of Newton
package) but works fine even without running it through Packager. I don't
understand why any of this happens, but I'm sure someone will explain.

Michael

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html