[NTLK] "Director" developer contacted

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 10:21:27 PDT

I found a phone number for Bob Patin in Nashville here where I live.

I called it this morning and Bob answered. I started to explain who I was
and why I was calling. I said "Hello Bob! My name is John Skinner and I'm a
Newton user. Are you familiar with the NewtonTalk mailing list?". Then he
replied gruffly "Man, I haven't owned a Newton in over three years. O.K?". I
said "O.K." and then he said "goodbye". So I felt bad, like I had bothered
him, so I said "goodbye" and we both hung up the phone.

If anyone is interested in trying with better luck, please contact me off
list (as I have an issuse with my ISP about receiving the NewtonTalk list
right now).

--
John Skinner
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html