Re: [NTLK] Installing packages via IR?

From: David W Aquilina (dwa2_at_acsu.buffalo.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 21 2003 - 11:21:01 PDT

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 10:18:04AM -0700, Glen Warner wrote:
> Hmmm ... doesn't the G3 PowerBook have a serial port? What model are
> we talking here?

I have the Pismo - it has USB and firewire, but no ADB or SCSI.

> It wants you to do the following:
>
> (1) Click the Extras icon on the screen
> (2) Click the Connection icon
> (3) In the window that shows up when you do step 2, click the
> Connect
> button

I've tried this - the only options are "DOS or Windows PC", "Macinosh
serial", and "Macintosh LocalTalk". None of them work. I know for a fact
that the IR port on the PowerBook is functional, though.

--
David Aquilina
dwa2_at_acsu.buffalo.edu