Re: [NTLK] OT: New virus making rounds

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Mon Sep 22 2003 - 00:15:37 PDT

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 08:54:37AM +0200, Robert Benschop wrote:
> Peter H. Coffin wrote:
> > It's not the choice of OS that's the problem
>
> Erm, there seems only one OS affected recently.

RedHat's got no holes, and no rootkits? There's more viruses for Windows
for the same reasons that there's more Palm software being written these
days. It's about market size, not quality of the platform. Macintoshes
got viruses back when Apple had 15% of the market. Now Apple doesn't
have that, so Macs don't get viruses written to exploit them. There's no
news in it, and little point, when about the same amount of effort can
get ten times the number of targets vectoring through Windows.

--
55. The deformed mutants and odd-ball psychotics will have their place in my
    Legions of Terror. However before I send them out on important covert