Re: [NTLK] URGENT: DO NOT BUY THIS, an aside.

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 10:17:01 PDT

on 09/23/03 12:53 PM, Trevor Birch at Trevor.Birch_at_btclick.com wrote:

> I'm not a techie, but I would assume that within the technical; aesthetic
> and physical restraints imposed by the Newton case and contents, there
> cannot be too many ways of providing a serial port solution, nor too many
> places to screw screws!

Ah, but to be a mistake-for-mistake copy of the initial version of PCBMan's
effort is a different matter. I agree that a wholly independent development
of a SER-001-like board just might end up with all the holes/connectors in
the same places and quite possibly even the same components in the same
*logic* (vs. physical) layout. But to duplicate bugs that have since been
fixed, bugs that are known to be present in the sample that Ferdi is known
to possess, that just strains belief too far.

- Eric.

If aviation had grown as slowly as space travel, the first paying
customer would have flown in 1943 -- in the 1,657th expendable Wright
Flyer.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html