Re: [NTLK] Update: Serial Port boards.

From: L A GREEN (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 25 2003 - 11:51:48 PDT

THANK YOU for all "your" hard work put into the ser-001. and i am also happy that u caught the dimwit before he was able to cause u any problems in the future. the main reason i hadnt ordered one yet was because i am afraid to open my newton, yes i said i was afraid. and since i have a new 2k sitting in a draw i will send it to j&k for an upgrade and a ser-001 once they are available there.

LAG

"Humphreys, David (URB)" <david.humphreys_at_honeywell.com> wrote:
Item #3048566578 (Ferdi's Dongle Destroyer clone) has been removed from ebay.

I had filed a complaint at ebay on Tuesday.

I'm not sure if ebay removed him or he did it voluntarily but, he's outta here.

Perhaps the last straw was revealing that I knew of his attempt to sell his wares to J&K Sales. Busted!
I already have agreements with J&K.
Ken is a smart cookie though. He knows all about Ferdi's 'deals'.;-}

I want to make it clear though, that I derive no pleasure from shutting him down. If he wants to design something
ORIGINALLY for the Newton - or any other platform for that matter, then he is free to do so. Just make sure I, or
someone else, hasn't done it already.

Also, I do believe he does, for the most part, try to give good service but he has such lousy business acumen that he
continually trips and falls face-first in the mud.

Enough said.

As far as new SER-001's go, I am expecting shipment around the middle of October. This time, you will be able to buy
from J&K Sales who will offer a fitting service for those of you unwilling to open your Newton. Details will appear on
both J&K Sales and my website nearer the time.

http://www.jksalesinc.com

http://mrpcbman.tripod.com/SER-001.htm