Re: [NTLK] Potential Battery Rebuilder found

From: Ravindra Mohabeer (mohabeer_at_yorku.ca)
Date: Thu Sep 25 2003 - 17:32:48 PDT

> What kind of batteries will they be using, in terms of power and how
> long they will last. I would be very interested in a pack at that price.
>
> ~Ben
I don't know the specifics of what type of batteries if by that you mean
brand. I know they will be NiMH and that they will be ~1650 mAH as per my
discussion with the guy at the shop. As for the rest, as someone who likes
technology but knows little about the nuts and bolts, I figured that a dead
battery isn't much different than an experiment with this refurb. If it goes
bad then I'm out a battery and $30. When I asked him about what he does and
if he had experience with this type of battery tray, though, he'd never
worked on a newton before, he didn't seem at all concerned about being able
to handle the job - his work includes ripping apart laptop and cell phone
batteries of all configurations and putting them back together to look
pretty and work right.

Time will tell.

Ravi

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html