Re: [NTLK] Great Deals.. (was NTLK)

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 10:02:08 PDT

On Thursday, September 25, 2003, at 11:47 PM, Jim Witte wrote:

> Wow. (But I wonder how much the ink costs these days..) I was just
> using my new
> $99 HP C42UX inkjet, which is noisy as hell.. A Stylewriter would be
> nice - although it might be tough to hook up to OSX.
I have my stylewriter 1200 working under OSX... I am using
CUPS/Gimpprint/Foomatic-RIP to push the data through a SERIAL method
which is a custom add in to CUPS. I am using the built in printer port
on my Power Tower Pro...

Wacky, but it works.

Also, most amazingly, after the printer had sat idle for over two
years, the first print came up perfect. Unlike certain unnamed
printers (EPSON!!!).

marty

PS No Appletalk spool for it though, I have to unplug the cable and
plug into Newt.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html