Re: [NTLK] Escale question...

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 15:59:09 PDT

Aux environs du 28/09/03 à 10:57 -0700, sous le titre "[NTLK] Escale
question...", Bruce E. Durocher II prit sa plus belle plume pour
écrire les mots suivants:
> Does anyone else have this problem? I've got a G4 Powerbook
>and a Newton 2100. When I try to run Escale over a 802.11b
>connection using TCP/IP (since I've never gotten Appletalk to work
>under OS X) Escale will allow me to install small packages, but will
>"unexpectedly quit" after each install. When I start it again it
>takes quite awhile for the TCP/IP icon to come alive again. If I try
>to install a large file, the Newton appears to hang--the indicator
>stops moving and Escale says "Idle." Neither of these problems comes
>up if I use a serial connection. I've tried a daily build of Escale,
>but it doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions?

Please make sure you use latest nightly build, especially the Debug
version (they will be built by Nicolas' G5 soon) and send me the
crash report. It's the only way I can hope to fix a crash.
Jim explained where the crash log was. It can also be good to have
all the messages Escale (in the debug version) sent to the Console.
Open the Console application and if it's not present, choose Open
Console from the application menu. Copy/paste lines about Escale and
send them to me with the crash report.

As far as TCP/IP is concerned, there seems to be a problem (that
shouldn't lead to a crash of Escale) between NIE and the Dock
application. I'm working on it.

Thanks for your feedback and cooperation.

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/