Re: [NTLK] About The Green Edge Magazine/BlogWorkz/iBlog/RunRev Stuff

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 07:46:36 PDT

Andre Garzia <soapdog_at_mac.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks,

(*snip*)

> The sad new is, I live in Brazil, it's raining season here, and last
> night, during a hellish storm, a thunderbolt striked near my house. My
> iBook crashed, it's HD was rendered to zero. It's burned beyond repair.
> My iMac G4 also suffered, it's ethernet is fried also. My APC NoBreak
> was not enought to solve this problems. Since my etherned card is on
> board, i must buy a new iMac G4 800 motherboard. Let's play the bill:
>
> * iBook New Batterie (old is fried) = R$ 300
> * iBook New HD 30GB (old is fried) = R$500
> * iMac G4 Motherboard = R$2090,00
> * Total repair is = R$ 2890,00

Condolences on the equipment ...! When I hear thunder in the
distance, eveerything gets unplugged (too poor to replace anything).

Not sure how the conversion goes, but at Wegner
Media (http://www.wegenermedia.com), a 32GB drive sells for US $99; if my
math is correct, that would be about R$290 for you.

They also have batteries, but the price you have is less than the
price available from Wegener Media.

Not sure where to find another motherboard; maybe try
<http://www.dealmac.com>?

Good luck ....

--gdw

(*snip*)