Re: [NTLK] Connecting

From: Sean Kearney (sean_at_invisiblelearning.com)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 13:54:11 PDT

Thanks, Wood and John.
I was able to get everything to work but only with my Toshiba laptop.
It seems that (for whatever reason), I can't get either the keyspan
serial-to-usb adapter or something else to work on my Macs. <sigh>

Even on my PC I have trouble loading some of the packages the first
time and some of the bigger packages took 5 or 6 attempts to get them
working. It looks like I was able to get everything loaded but I might
have to try a few other tricks b/c the packages did not load the
supporting files. I also cannot import text files (my PC keeps
disconnecting).

I'll keep working on it and definitely check out the FAQ in more depth.
I did notice that the simple things (like clicking on Dock) either
isn't covered in the FAQ or is covered separate from the "How do I
connect the Newton to my Mac/PC? " section.

Thanks again for your help. It is great to have the support of such an
expert community.

- Sean

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html