Re: [NTLK] ethernet problems

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sat Apr 03 2004 - 15:08:57 PST

Carolyn Kennedy wrote:
>All correct up to the last - now here's one I didn't know about.
>Checked my ROM version, and I appear to have 2.2.00-0. Didn't even
>know there was a 2.2...
     That's why you can't do ethernet. Stephanie Mak found 2.2 when she
was doing hacks on her eMate, you can read about it on her site.
http://www.felesmagus.com/newton/otheremate.html
     The thinking is that the 2.2 ROM was named that because it contains
Works, unlike the 2x00 ROMs. The guess is that Apple patched it back to
2.1 so that people wouldn't be asking for 2.2 for their Newtons.
     Apply the patch I mentioned before and your eMate should support NIE
2 properly.

Peter