Re: [NTLK] NCU- need suggestions... (-1) again

From: Berthe M. Willumsen (bmw_at_biobase.dk)
Date: Sun Apr 04 2004 - 12:51:00 PDT

Follow up:
I have found (again) that my problem can be solved by connecting from
the Newton rather than from the Mac: Tap syncronize on Newton rather
than click syncronize on the Mac. Last I discovered this, the
requirement went away, I could initiate a connection from the Mac and
forgot that reversing may solve a connection problem.

Anyone else with this experience?

Secondly, I find that after the Mac has been asleep, I need to force
quit Classic and restart it and NCU. Restarting NCU without
restarting Classic is not enough. What I see when I don't, is that
the Mac is found on the appletalk network, I tap connect, but there
is 'no response' from the Mac.

Anyone else with this experience?
Does it make sense to anyone?

My connection is wifi 128 WEP, Avaya Gold 128 'Encryption 128RC'-
card to a Mac Panther.....
And If I observe these weird rules, I can syncronize fine with NCU to
a Claris organizer file.
For now :-).

Berthe
Denmark, MP2100

>I am connecting to a Mac PowerBook G4 through wireless w. 128 WEP:
>There is connection, NCU lights up, I can install packages with NCU
>and use the Keyboard, for example.

snip

>However, the problem I have is likely to be a connection error. It
>reliably gives a -1 after this sequence:
>I ask NCU to syncronize. The Mac says: 'preparing for syncronize'
>throughout the following. The Newt says backing up, first Dates, then
>Names - all the while the lights of the wireless are indicating lots
>of transfer activity. Then the Newt 'sheeshes', the Dock icons, with
>backup, syncronize, install packages etc, come up, it gives the alert
>sound and an error message: 'the connection was stopped because your
>Mac OS computer disconnected'. Then the Mac says 'could not complete
>the Backup because an error has occurred (-1) - a connection error as
>you've told me. On the G4, there has been no change in the date/time
>of the file that I am supposed to be syncing. I've tried to make a
>new fresh file to backup to. Same.

snip