Re: [NTLK] "Bookish Newtonians"

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 05 2004 - 20:29:44 PDT

Unfortunatly, I could never get into the "classics".
Feels too much like high-school! I was the only one in
my english class who didn't have to do a book report
of Beowulf...I talked the teacher into letting me do
Clarks "2001 space odessy" instead! My reasoning was
that it was just as much a classic as those other
books she assigned!
Becuase of that, I tend to make Newton books of more
"modern" fare...
That's why I don't publish those packages on other
servers...
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- MKow1234_at_aol.com wrote:
> I like the idea of organizing into a loose
> collective of Newton ebook
> publishers. Please let me know how I can help.
>
> I recently started converting the Newton MP 2100
> manual into a workable .pkg
> format with Newton Press. At this point, I'm not
> sure I'll be able to add
> images, but I'll try (after I get the text formatted
> (I'm currently on page nine
> of a 68-page .rtf file!) I'm not sure about having
> a TOC capability, but
> again, we'll see how far I can get with it.
>
> BTW, I just read "Prey", a Michael Crichton novel
> that I found online in
> Newton .pkg format. It wasn't too bad. I can't
> find the URL at the moment,
> however.
>
> Matt K.
> mkow1234_at_aol.com

=====
"China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."
 - Charles De Gaulle, former French President