Re: [NTLK] OT - Off Topic - Looking for HP Omnigo cable

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 07 2004 - 19:33:40 PDT

You would have to ask now, huh? I got everything
packed up in boxes because we're looking to move in
the next few months!
I know I have something...but I don't know where it
is...and possibly won't for several months!
Although, I don't know why you would even bother...
I liked the OmniGo and stuff, but it suffered the same
malady as the early Palms and CE devices...once the
battery dies, it looses it's mind...not worth the
trouble if you ask me...and it used up serious
battery! I gave mine to my brother-in-law many years
ago. He too found the amnesia problem too much to
handle. I had a spare cable for this thing, but like I
said...it's boxed away.
Perhaps my brother-in-law can find his if he still has
it...
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de> wrote:
<snip>
> Talking of Omnigo... Does anybody have a serial
> cable for
> this little guy lying around that he doesn't need?
> This
> post reminded me that my Omnigo has been peacefully
> resting unused in my drawer ever since I found out
> that
> "complete package" meant "everything you need except
> the
> most important thing: The cable" in the seller's
> language...
> This must've been 3 years ago...
>
> Would like to buy cheap or trade for Newton stuff.
>
> Frank
>
> -- Newton Software and Hardware at
> http://www.pda-soft.de

=====
"China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."
 - Charles De Gaulle, former French President