Re: [NTLK] Another Auction $800 2100

From: David Golden (ikondave599_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Apr 09 2004 - 10:35:38 PDT

What gets my full attention here is the fact that the first MP2100 sold
for damn near its original price. Is that something that is unique to
Newtons or would PC based handhelds such as the Jornada 680 be
similarly valued?

I know that wishing that Apple would consider starting to produce Newts
or some variant, constitutes beating a dead horse, but you'd think that
this kind of strong retention of value would be noteworthy.

It would be very interesting to find out how many Apple loyalists would
be willing to commit to purchasing an Apple PDA based on the Newton
platform that sold in the $500 range. I suspect that we'll never have
an answer to that.

Dave