Re: [NTLK] Newton - iMac via Airport

From: Brian Pearce (bpearce_at_cloud9.net)
Date: Sun Apr 11 2004 - 12:13:53 PDT

> From a couple of postings, I get the impression that a MessagePad 2100
> can communicate wirelessly. I have An Airport (not Extreme), so what
> would I need to be able to use this to set up a network with my iMac
> and iBook (both already fitted with Airport cards)?

Just a PC card. (In fact, if you were to open up your AirPort Base
Station, you'd find one inside!) And the software to drive it.

> Would the setup still work if I get a new 20" iMac, which requires
> Airport Extreme?

Yep. AirPort Extreme is backward compatable with the older protocol;
you just lose out on the improvements. In fact, this is almost
identical to the setup I have here, except I had to replace the AirPort
Base Station with different equipment.

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net