Re: [NTLK] Emate Display Cable Auction

From: Richard Kilpatrick (dmc12_at_btconnect.com)
Date: Tue Apr 13 2004 - 07:14:36 PDT

On 2 Apr 2004, at 06:21, Malone wrote:

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3088767990e$20newtontalk>
> An authentic source for these cables?

Since it's vaguely relevant to this thread - I noticed my eMate was
getting 'tight' to open - not bad, but you could tell. I didn't strip
it fully, just lifted the motherboard, and used a Q-tip to apply some
lubricant (I used some rubber lubricant for car sunroofs, since that's
what I had). Whilst in there, I placed a very thin rubber foot from
something I had lying around between the spring and the cable, which
should reduce the chances of needing a new cable if the hinge does
fail.

It's noticeably improved now, opens with less effort and stays in place
just as well as it did. Didn't lose or break anything, either.

I'm considering buying a cable as a spare, but I'll see how much use I
make of the eMate once I have my 2100 kit.

Richard

--
Tasty Other - Because Far Too Much in Life Makes Sense
Music for download - coming soon (RIP MP3.com)