Re: [NTLK] Mail V and POP?

From: Laurent Daudelin (Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Apr 13 2004 - 07:40:40 PDT

On 13/04/04 10:36, "Dan Fackler" <eulenspgl_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I'm slowly working thru the various obstacles to Newton emailing. The
> Orinoco gold WiFi is chugging right along, and I am able to send mail
> easily. However, in setting up Mail V(the only app I've found that supports
> SMTP authentication) I'm stymied by the lack of POP support. My ISP has no
> provision for IMAP. Any ideas/suggestions/incantations are welcome!

You'll have to go to a previous version of SimpleMail or use another email
client like EnRoute. I'm not sure that older versions of SimpleMail or
EnRoute support SMTP authentication, though...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                 Developer, Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com                Washington, DC, USA