Re: [NTLK] Poll

From: Richard Kilpatrick (dmc12_at_btconnect.com)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 08:20:41 PDT

On 14 Apr 2004, at 15:40, Humphreys, David wrote:

> A) Additional internal memory on 2x00 and emate.

eMate, definitely, especially if it can be > 4Mb/2Mb. I'm wondering how
much faster my eMate will be with an upgrade. 16Mb/8Mb would be good,
enough DRAM for browsing, enough Flash for 'fun'.

> C) Audio in/out.

Doesn't the eMate already have this via Interconnect. in theory?

> D) Other?

The ultimate? Implant-style (210MHz with serial and IR running at the
correct speed) 2100 internals in an eMate, basically. With a stacked
PCMCIA-Type III socket like on most laptops, providing 2 type II cards,
retaining the eMate's interconnect /and/ serial port, perhaps replace
the headphone socket with a three-connection jack and breakout cable
for audio in and out, but retaining a single external socket. I don't
doubt that it would be very difficult and expensive to produce, but it
would be wonderful. Whilst I'm dreaming, how about ATA/NIE/WaveLAN
support in ROM, and 16Mb DRAM/8Mb Flash?

> B) Speed switch circuit for 2x00 and emate.

I don't see the point in the relatively small upgrades vs. buggered
serial/IrDA functions.

Richard

--
Tasty Other - Because Far Too Much in Life Makes Sense
Music for download - coming soon (RIP MP3.com)