Re: [NTLK] [OT] Virus attacks on NTLK/Newton-related mailaccounts? Update yer virus scanner!

From: newton_at_the-monkey.net
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 05:48:19 PDT

While updating bi-weekly is better than never, if given a choice I'd
suggest updating much more frequently. My system is configured to
update whenever its virus database is over a day old.

After all, with the propagation rate of some of the modern viruses, 2
weeks is an awfully long time to be exposed.

This is one of the very few things that make Apples (or *nix, I guess)
look appealing... Of course, I haven't actually had an infection in
about 12 years, but the possibility is always there (and now that I've
said this, I just know something awful is going to happen).

Cheers,
Morgan

--
Morgan Nichol     -     morgan_at_quirk.co.nz
09 6200 548       -     021 159 0736