Re: [NTLK] Connection (ethernet) difficutlies

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sat Apr 17 2004 - 02:07:34 PDT

Aux environs du 17/04/04 à 11:00 +0200, sous le titre "[NTLK]
Connection (ethernet) difficutlies", David Neale prit sa plus belle
plume pour écrire les mots suivants:
>Dock TCP/IP
>NIE Error:
>There is a problem communicating with the PC card. The card may be
>unusable or you may have removed it during a connection (-61006).

Dock TCP/IP is for TCP/IP connection programs only (including
DCL-based ones). NCU in Classic only works over AppleTalk or Serial.
Therefore, you need to select AppleTalk in the Dock. In the Newton
preferences, there should be an AppleTalk item if the card is
recognize. Make sure there that AppleTalk is over Ethernet (instead
of LocalTalk).

Additionally, you have a problem with the driver. I'm not familiar
with 3COM cards to help here, though.

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/