Re: [NTLK] Jobs: "Computers have key.

From: Brian Pearce (bpearce_at_cloud9.net)
Date: Sun Apr 18 2004 - 09:08:10 PDT

>> Personally, I think Apple did the right thing. As much as I love
>> using my
>> Newton and wish new ones where around, I'm glad the Mac is still
>> around, as
>> I can't stand using Windows!
>
> The 'mac' would have advanced with or without the Newton. Besides,
> Apple/Steve quitely sold ARM shares to bolster Apple's profits during
> those
> 'bad years'.

What was so quiet about it? These transactions were reported as part of
Apple's Quarterly Earnings Reports, and continued well after the
introduction of the iMac. (I can recall seeing note of more sales as
recently as last year.) Given how rapidly the stock appreciated in
value, I'd be willing to be these sales had a strategic value as well
as the addition to the bottom line.

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net