Re: [NTLK] [OT] Market Share

From: Chris Edwards (wenchris_at_gotadsl.co.uk)
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 03:11:18 PDT

It seems to me windows users accept lower standards, my bank sent me a
dvd promoting its services, not suprisingly it needed real player to
try and work, I try not to sully my mac with open invitation software
so I viewed it at the bank, on a recent sony laptop, the lipsync kept
going and every few mins it stopped and started back in sync, had I not
been with the manager I would not have bothered with it after a couple
of restarts. I can watch a dvd on my G3 600 Ibook with just an extra
256 memory. With at least 2 years before M$ start their public
experiment of their proposed safer os (if it works) and given the
useless security with the present os expect to see, especially with the
industry take up of Xserve with its security, a surge away from M$ to
better platforms. It was sad that marketing sold the world VHS when
betamax was that much better, VHS ruled the world until the world moved
on, now it is history(how many years has newton been unsurpassed
without and corporate development?)
just my pennys worth
Chris Edwards