[NTLK] Mapper Update - AKA my first newtonscript

From: Luiz Petroni (lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br)
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 09:03:18 PDT

Hi NTLKers,

After a lot of reading, code studing and of course some precious help
of Mr. Paul Guyot (thanks for the ObjectPkgRef tip!) I got my first
functional newtonscript. Ok it's pretty simple but maybe some find it
useful.

It adds a new popupbutton to the Mapper application which now lets the
user delete any Mapper module directly from within the program instead
of going to the extensions folder and deleting the map package there.
I've compiled both an english & german versions. BTW does "delete"
translates to "löchen"?

As a complete newbie with working/updating programs from others I would
like to know how should I release my update to the community. I
contacted mr Adam Tow informing about my update (although I did not get
a reply yet) but AFAIK the software seems to be freeware and have the
code available for the community.

Is it necessary to generate a new update number (present version is 1.2
> should I realease it as v1.21)? Is it necessary to include my altered
code with the download packages?

I would like to kindly ask for some directions.

Thanks in advance,

Luiz Petroni